I’m often asked where is a good place to start to enjoy organic beauty and learn to make one’s life green, healthy, organic. There are a few answers to this question and the first 2 answers I always start with are these. 1 of my many self-care mottos in life is “KISS” – keep it simple stupid. No, I’m not calling you stupid. 🙂 I’m gently suggesting that you take an approach of simplicity to make your lifestyle as organic and healthy as possible. The main reason the majority of people in the developed Western world are unhealthy, sick, and feel miserable is they complicate their lifestyle. When I suggest that people learn to become an avid label reader and vote with their wallet, I am being quite literal and sincere. Voting with your wallet is the simplest most important most effective way of enjoying a healthy, holistic, organic lifestyle of self-care.
Here are a few tips to get you started on your journey to holistic organic self-care:
- Become an avid label reader.
- Keep a dictionary close by in the beginning when you don’t know the difference between chamomile and mineral oil.
- Read books like mine, Keep Your Vanity Without Losing Your Sanity and become an empowered aware consumer.
- Make the conscious important decision to shop at natural health markets like Natural Grocers and Whole Foods and get to know the sections where they sell personal hygiene and cosmetics and household cleansers.
- Either turn off the television or mute the commercials. The billion-dollar advertisements for commercial detergent and deodorizers are going to confuse you and cause you unnecessary stress.
- Stock up on gallon bottles of white distilled vinegar and several pound bags of baking soda so you can have plenty on hand for laundry and household cleaning.
- If you are reading this blogpost then you have Internet access and you have access to social media. Search for Facebook groups and twitter chats for “organic” “holistic” “green”. Make sure you type the key words in the Twitter search with the # pound sign as a #hashtag, for example, #ecomoms #holisticmoms #earthday. My participation in these wonderful groups were very helpful for my finding support from like minded people who understand and share my passion for healthy green living.
- Get used to keeping your windows open to let the fresh clean outdoor air circulate, providing there are not toxic commercial detergent or deodorizer fumes in the air. This will help you appreciate healthy clean fresh air and you will learn to appreciate what life was like without all the commercial mass marketed toxic offenders.
These are just a few to get you started on the journey, but they will help you a lot and the benefits will help you feel better and you will feel supported and more aware. If you have any questions and would like more information and tips to help you enjoy holistic organic self-care and beauty, please feel free to post your comments to this blogpost and my other blogposts and connect with me on social media. You will find the social media buttons to click on and follow me at on the right hand side of this blog.
Much Love Gratitude Blessings,
Subscribe to Dayna Colvin
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Dayna Colvin. Subscribe below.