I’ve been a holistic organic nature girl for 25 years and now I’ve enjoyed this natural living lifestyle as a Mommy for 5 years. I’m very grateful for the natural folk medicine wisdom I’ve learned over the years and I’m able to enjoy delicious healthy choices I make and keep my carbon footprint very small. As a special tribute to Earth Day, April 22, I’d like to offer some very helpful tips to help you save money and protect your family’s health. It’s much easier than you might think to feel good, stay healthy, and save money. My family is a good living example of how just making a few simple adjustments in your lifestyle choices can make it possible and enjoyable.
There are many ways to be a compassionate responsible earth steward and make a positive contribution to the world. An earth steward is a person who makes the conscious decision to make wise choices and decisions that affect his or her local world and is careful that these choices and decisions help the planet.
1. Go vegan. Did you know that the amount of water required to produce 1 burger could float a battleship? #quote Howard Lyman ex-4th generation cattle rancher turned vegan
2. Become a holistic herbalist and eschew bigpharma. Did you know that more than 50% of the ingredients in over the counter and prescription medications contain toxic petrochemicals which are derived from crude oil, i.e., the gas in your tank? Natural plant herbs, such as chamomile, lavender, lemongrass, peppermint, garlic, and ginger are much safer and healthier and don’t require any factory processing. You simply pull them wild from the ground, and chop them and brew an herbal tea or press them to make a nice lovely herbal mixture.
3. Buy organic as often as possible. When you buy organic, you’re not just voting with your wallet, contributing to a more socially conscious economy, you’re also protecting your family’s health, and you’re saying NO to crude oil, which is what pesticides contain.
4. Think globally, act locally. There is much to be said about supporting local businesses and contributing to a much smaller carbon footprint. Every time you purchase a product that needs to be shipped and delivered, you are contributing to more consumption of crude oil being used as fuel. Buying locally is much better because your dollars are only going toward purchasing a product; they’re not going toward paying for the delivery fuel.
5. Wear organic or wear nothing. Did you know that the ingredient “fragrance” that’s in cosmetics and personal care products contain at least 5,000 petrochemicals, none of which have been tested or scrutinized by the U.S. FDA? Protect your family’s health and become an avid label reader. If you cannot pronounce an ingredient, pass it by! Propylene glycol is a petrochemical that contains anti-freeze, the toxic stuff that is used to protect your car from extreme freezing temperatures and that is commonly found in cosmetics. Read the label and look for ingredients like peppermint, chamomile, sandalwood, patchouli, ylang ylang, Aloe Vera, and olive oil. You know these are herbs that grow wild in the ground throughout the world and it’s much safer for you to use them than the toxic stuff! For more information, please visit my website: http://www.notperfume.com.
6. As the kosher law states, “if in doubt, do without,” so is the same principle for making purchases of food and cosmetics for your health and well being. If you cannot pronounce an ingredient and you need to go to the trouble to understand what it means, then it is very likely, this ingredient will harm you and your family and you’re better off without it!
7. Enjoy the beautiful great outdoors and fresh air and go out and play! This 1 is pretty self-explanatory, but it is exactly as it sounds. The best way to honor, respect, and celebrate Mother Earth and all her beautiful wonder is to play in her grass, her trees, playfully interact with her sweet little Elemental beings, the butterflies, dragonflies, frogs, crickets, and turtles, and ducks, and have fun and breathe the fresh clean air!
It is much easier than you might think to be a happy, healthy, smart Earth Steward and it is never too late to start and enjoy it!
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at . Subscribe below.